Connect your electronic device via these tips / adapters to your Powertraveller product (Powermonkey or Gorilla).
Please make sure you choose the right tip to suit your mobile, handheld game console, iPad, or digital camera. Note, you must also ensure the device you wish to charge is actually compatible with your Power Traveller device.
This is important. For example, an adaptor listed below might be 'fit' a device you wish to charge, however your device voltage/power-requirement might not be compatible with your Power Traveller charger. (Find your Power Traveller product
, and check the product details tab for power output info)
- Monkey Nuts Micro USB Tip / Adapter: Choose this tip for an electronic device which requires a micro USB connector - this applies for a wide range of mobile phones (see picture below).
- Monkey Nuts Mini USB Tip / Adapter: Choose this tip for an electronic device which features a mini USB connector (see picture below).
- Monkey Nuts Nintendo DS Tip / Adapter
- Monkey Nuts Nintendo DSI Tip / Adapter
- Monkey Nuts Nintendo DS-Lite Tip / Adapter
- iPad Connector Tip / Adapter: Charge your Apple iPad with the Minigorilla, Powergorilla or Solargorilla portable chargers via this tip.
Note: You cannot connect your iPad to any Powermonkey with this tip.
The gorilla-pad connector features a resistor ID which converts the standard 5volts at 1amp USB into the 5volts at 2.1amps required by the iPad.
We recommend that you select the 8.4volt setting on the minigorilla or powergorilla as the lower voltage has a better DC/DC converting efficiency which significantly improves the charging efficiency. However, this connector is so clever that if a higher voltage is selected, the gorilla-pad auto-senses the voltage and reduces the parameters to the correct setting!
Note: You should never use the Power Traveller retractable USB cable with the Gorilla-pad accessory – the cable is not rated to take 2.1 amps and may be damaged, especially if used when not retracted. Your original/genuine, Apple USB cable must ALWAYS be used.