Jump-start your car battery anywhere - with the Powertraveller startmonkey 200
, the world's smallest "jump start" system for small car batteries.
The startmonkey 200 is suitable for use on car, motorbike and boat batteries
with up to a 650CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) and can restart this type of standard 12 volt car battery between 15 and
20 times on a full charge thanks to its High Energy Dynamic Polymer
You can check your cold cranking amp rating by checking the sticker on the top of your battery. If your battery exceeds 650 CCA, you will require a startmonkey400 (available here
Easy and safe to use, the startmonkey 200 is packed with high-tech features to give you total peace of mind. It has 2 output channels:
- a 12volt, 200Amp car/motorbike/boat jump start and
- a 12volt, 100 watt max, 8Amp DC output for charging your portable gadgets.
On the front is a 4-segment LED array. When the startmonkey 200 is activated, the LED array will light up GREEN to visually confirm that the device is charging the flat battery.
When the startmonkey 200 is fully charged, all 4 segments of the array will be GREEN. When it is 3/4 charged, 3 segments will be GREEN and when it is 1/2 charged, 2 segments will be GREEN. When the startmonkey 200 only has a 1/4 charge left, the LED turns RED. It is recommended that the startmonkey 200 is recharged when it gets to 50%.
The startmonkey 200 can be recharged in several ways:
- via the supplied in-car charger: a startmonkey 200 with a 50% level of charge remaining will take about 4 hours to charge (from empty: 8 hours)
- via the Solar Gorilla (not included - available here)
- via the AC mains charge from the Power Gorilla (not included - available here)
- via the forthcoming silverback-gorilla (not included, currently not in stock) or
- via the compatible mains charger (not included, currently not in stock)
The input socket can even take voltages between 15 - 24 volts to recharge the startmonkey 200. It can be recharged 500 times.
The DC output socket on the startmonkey 200 means you can also charge your portable gadgets! Simply connect the included in-car charger socket to the DC output port, pop a motormonkey (not included - available here
) into that and using an approved USB cable (not included) and tips (not included - available here
), you can recharge your phone, iPod, PDA, handheld games consoles and more! You can even use the in-car charger socket with your 12volt in-car chargers to operate your laptop, GPS system, etc.
The startmonkey 200 has very low static wastage - meaning you can leave it unused for up to a year and it will still hold up to 75% of its power!
Please note : iPhones, motormonekys, monkey nuts (tips) and USB cables displayed on some pictures are not included.
The startmonkey 200 is easy to use:
For the average car with a flat battery, firstly ensure the engine battery is 12 volts (if 5 or 24 volts - DO NOT USE with startmonkey 200) and has a CCA rating of less than 650.
Check the battery capacity level in the startmonkey and then simply attach the jump leads (red to red, black to black) to your car battery and the startmonkey 200 will automatically start delivering 200 amps of continuous power. Leave the startmonkey for 5-8 seconds, then turn the ignition on your car and your car will start.
If the car fails to start, leave the startmonkey connected for between 10 and 15 minutes and then turn the ignition again.
Once your car starts, the startmonkey will automatically switch off. Disconnect the startmonkey and store in case provided.Safety Precautions:
- Ensure the startmonkey is placed on a stable, secure location i.e. outside edge wing of car, so that is cannot fall into the engine bay.
- Do not leave the startmonkey in engine bay once the car has started.
- Do not connect startmonkey 200 to a 5volt or 24volt battery as this will damage the unit. ONLY to be used with 12volt vehicle engine batteries e.g. cars, bikes, boats, lawnmowers, etc.
- 2 output level protection features
- cannot 100% drain itself - self-protects balance charging and discharging
- short-circuit protection
- wrong polarity protection
- over-charge protection
- integrated software to control charging procedure
- low battery warning display
- if connected to a 6v or 24v battery, it will not activate: startmonkey interrogates the battery it is connected to and confirms that the range is between 8 - 14v, before automatically switching on.
CE, FCC, RoHS, E-Mark, Green Dot and WEEECaution:
Do not open the device or make any attempt to disassemble or modify the device as this will invalidate the warranty/guarantee. This may also result in the risk of fire, personal injury or damage to personal property. Please refer to user guide for full operating instructions.
Please always refer to car manufacturer's instructions before attempting to jump start your car. For some hybrid vehicles, jump starting is not recommended.